Sunday, November 22, 2009

Start Spreading the News

I love talking! I love telling people about exciting discoveries, good deals, yummy recipes, any new knowledge, any old knowledge I think someone might be dying to hear, etc. When I hear about something cool I struggle holding back from calling my sister almost immediately. She too suffers from this same ailment and as a result word spreads really fast. Last week Tanner was playing football with his team and got blindsided by another player and really messed up his knee. He could hardly walk so we went to Instacare to have it checked out. After some X-rays and a visual inspection we were told he was fine but would be sore for quite a while. We immediately sent a text to his brother/business partner that his femur was cracked, ACL and MCL were torn and he would be fine after major surgery and intense physical therapy. Literally within minutes we were getting phone calls from concerned parents on both sides. I couldn't believe how fast Jess was taking care to inform family. We quickly told everyone we were kidding. My parents don't handle pranks well. Luckily everyone else got a good laugh.

1 comment:

  1. As a concerned sister, I felt it was my duty to assist you all in this trying time in several ways. First, to drop what I was doing and come pick up your children and care for them for several hours, during the insta care visit and super saturday. Second to inform our Mother that Tanner was in a bad way and could use her and the families prayers. This is what I said to Mom, "Hi Mom, we just got a text from Tanner (I had previously explained is accident) it sounds pretty serious. The text said he tore his ACL, MCL and would need major surgeries and physical therapy, so you guys need to pray for him. You don't think he would play a joke like this do you?" Mom replied, "Oh no, he wouldn't do that!" Well clearly he would and he did.

    Whos laughing now..........?

    So next time your husband is hurt and you need my assistance, don't bother troubling me with the news.

    ReplyDelete