From a very young age I have been a dejunker. I remember being told to keep a journal and I was under the impression the idea was to keep a log of events during the day. In the evening I would rack my brain about the day and try to extract and document every detail of the day for posterity.
A journal entry of mine looked something like this:
6:00 AM woke up/prayed
6:15 combed hair
6:20 ate breakfast (pancakes, butter, syrup, milk)
6:30 did chores in the house
7:15 walked to bus
7:19 bus came and I got on
etc....
This journal business was exhausting and I didn't understand how this could benefit my future children. As the days went on I lost my motivation to journal. Later I was told a journal is a place to record "FEELINGS" and "THOUGHTS". I was flabbergasted and embarassed. I went through and ripped the pages from my journal of the unnecessary logs. I sincerely thought that my journal would be better off without those few pages. Oh how I wish I would've kept those pages. It makes me laugh thinking of my little girl self trying so hard to be obedient and keep a journal but totally missing the point.
I Do Now
5 days ago

I love this story! It is so funny, because I can just see you coming to the conclusion that a journal is like a travel dialouge. Although when reading your practice version it sounds like you could be plotting some big hair-brained scheme, you know like on Ocean's Eleven or the Italian Job or something, everyone knows where they will at every moment... Autumn! what are you up to?
ReplyDelete