I am bombarded with thoughts:
How could I sacrifice the health of my family for preparing to purchase a home?
Someday we will own a home but we can't get our health back.
Lifestyle today will be our habits of tomorrow. Are these eating habits worth keeping?
How can I expect to have energy when we are eating mostly dead food?
It's decided and shortly after I am back to purchasing lots of fresh food, avoiding refined sugars and using agave nectar and honey, buying the expensive real peanut butter, flax seed oil, specialty grains, etc. I feel so invigorated by the healthy food options I place before my family. Then the money side wakes up and we start dreaming of home ownership again. I reevaluate where can I tighten up so we can save more and the whole cycle starts again.
Presently I am in a home buying frame of mind. Luckily our family is being blessed with delicious live food from friends and neighbors gardens and I am able to appease the healthy side for a little while longer while I continue to save. It would be wise to keep myself on this schedule to always cycle into home buying consciousness during harvest time.

I "heartily" agree. You do a great job taking care of your family and in your saving. Congrats once again on being debt free!
ReplyDeleteThe more I read about you the more I want to be just like you when I grow up.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, we just need to hang out like 4 times a week and talk about everything we've missed out on over our lives because we have SO much in common, Autumn! I also used to struggle with what you do. Well, not exactly, but similar. And I am now able to feed my family of 11 on $500/month OR LESS. I shop the sales and can purchase plenty of fruits and veggies to keep things real. Anyway, I'll not make this a novel. But keep trying - things will work out to your benefit in both regards. You are amazing, woman!