We miss our Burton buddies. Their family consists of Ashlee, Corey, and their boys Jack and Alaster. I have no pictures of Corey and I barely had one of Ashlee. They moved to Illinois for school last month. Thanks to Jack or better known as Spider Man, Summer walks around saying she is Superman or Spiderman. She jumps from the coffee table to the couch just as Jack demonstrated so diligently. The Burtons and I lived in adjacent apartments and what started out with babysit swapping blossomed into a close frienship. The proximity (front doors 15 feet apart) was so convenient for a quick hello or sharing a taste of the evenings dinner. I learned so many things from Ashlee and had a running list of all the neat things I learned from her. I love lists...it's in my blood. This list is only is a smidgen of what I learned but it gives you the idea of how cool Ashlee is.
Here is the list:
Bake with kids even if the house is messy
Welcome husband home with a smile and a kiss and a simple How was your day?
Cook healthy and snack on veggies with your kids (even green peppers)
Indulge in desserts especially chocolate chip cookies
Have a distinctive style (red lipstick for date night)
Play outside in the sunshine... A lot!
Blog often and record memories
Write in journal
Make memories everyday...keep list near computer to blog about later
Laugh with kids and hubby
Read church books and teach your kids
Find a way to volunteer and help someone in need
Don’t get wrapped up in mainstream media too much but allow a few indulgences
Read Nie Nies Blog
Prioritize and decide what gets your best attention
Yummy and healthy recipes, Black Bean burgers, and Veggie Enchiladas
Recipe exchange get togethers
Make children silouhettes...I still want to do these
Be silly and laugh
Have a tradition meal day such as Friday Frittata Day/ Saturday Pizza Night
Babysit Swapping
Love being a wife and mother


Hey guess what? I've learned a lot from Ashley too and I didnt even realize it. You've shared several of the items on the list with me (black bean burgers, Nie Nies blog, blog often) the new one I'm adding to my "List" (I just love lists too, they complete me. :D is to write down topics I want to blog about on a notebook next to the computer. Genius.
ReplyDelete