There is a thing called Human Art and I learned something about myself that has changed the way I see things. The idea of human art is that every individual is beautiful and unique because they are them. Based upon a simple visual assessment of body structure a human art specialist can relate many character traits about the person. A human arts woman told me I was striking, and I like to live clutter free. I am an untraditional romantic person that craves family togetherness and making memories that have been carefully constructed and carried out. I prefer to size up a situation before taking a stand with my opinions. Her positive descriptions about me left me feeling inspired and truly beautiful. It's true that each person is so vastly different but they are their own beautiful. I told her I feel like I intimidate people with my opinions or my tone of voice or the amount of talking I do and she told me simply that they are waiting for permission or waiting for me to instigate. Permission is as easy as making eye contact with someone or as involved as approaching a person to chat. While I admire many people for attributes I don't have this woman helped me realize that I can love all that I am because that is who I am soul deep.
I wish I had this knowledge in high school. I was always searching for the real me and I thought people preferred quiet, sweet, positive types of people. I can be sweet and positive but quiet just isn't my gift but that's okay because beautiful comes in all different types of packages. Some people are waiting to be approached by someone because that's who they are and it would go against who they are to fight that. Sometimes I am not in the mood to initiate all the social interchanges but now with my new knowledge I tell myself if I want to have a good evening full of converstation it's up to me to approach others. If I desire to have a quiet evening I can just sit back and relax. Either way the type of evening I have is up to me. I no longer leave parties sometimes feeling hurt that no one came up to me because it's my job and I am able to control how the evening plays out. The trick is to love who I am and continue to strive to be my best self.
I Do Now
5 days ago

What a beautiful and thought provoking post!! What you said is so true- we are all beautiful in different ways and for different reasons. I just want you to know Autumn, I think you are one of the most wonderful people I know!! I still remember and cherish our time together back in the apartment and college days :) You are so unique and fun and I just really love and admire you!! Have a great Easter weekend!!
ReplyDeleteShe really was able to tell those things about you just by looking? I would love to have someone do that for me. What a great thing to think about. I think you're beautiful inside and out!... Ashlee
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of this before. Where did you learn about it? I think her assessment seems pretty accurate from what I know about you... wonderful you!
ReplyDelete